When buying Tea Tree Oil make sure the oil is sold in undiluted form. This product is a superior grade of 100% pure Tea Tree Oil. Click for more reviews or to buy.
Tea Tree Oil is extracted from a plant native to Australia. The plant belongs to the Melaleuca genus, part of the Myrtle family. The oil contains powerful antimicrobial properties that have been recognized (and used) for centuries. Although long term clinical trials have not been conducted specifically to determine its effectiveness for treating toenail fungus infections, a quick search online will reveal hundreds of positive reviews. Having said that, the effectiveness of the oil will vary from person to person, and with the severity of the infection and how consistently it is being applied to the affected nail.
If you have a mild or new case of fungal nail infection Tea Tree Oil is a good option to consider. For more advanced nail fungus infections, It may be most effective when combined with other anti-fungal agents as is the case in products such as ZetaClear, Funginix and Nail-Rx. In fact the oil is often found as an ingredient in more specialized nail fungus treatments. Consider also using the Tea Tree Oil antifungal on healthy nails to protect them from becoming infected.
Tea Tree Oil is applied directly to the nail surface and surrounding skin using a cotton swab or Q-tip bud. The oil should not be swallowed. A regular application routine is recommended, ideally at least once a day. It’s a good idea to apply the oil also to healthy nails to prevent the risk of cross-infection.
Pros and cons of how Tea Tree Oil works to treat nail fungus infections
- Tea Tree Oil contains known antimicrobial (antifungal and antibacterial) qualities.
- Tea Tree Oil has long been recognized for its ability to promote healthy skin and nails.
- Can be used in conjunction with other forms of toenail fungus treatment.
- The oil has the properties of a thin carrier oil and can penetrate deeply into the nail to reach the fungus
- As with most toenail fungus therapies, a consistent treatment regime will be required. In fact it is often this fact alone that sets different treatment products apart.
- May not be effective for all infections of the nail.
Purchasing Tea Tree Essential Oil
- The best products contain 100% Tea Tree Oil. The product is sold by many suppliers, but we found the best price at Amazon. Click here for the details.