Diet alone won’t cure Candida yeast infections. You need a multi-pronged approach. For an easy to follow 5 step program we recommend Yeast Infection No More. Click for more reviews or to buy.
Candida albicans normally lives harmlessly in dark, moist areas of our body such as our gut, throat and intestines. The yeast is kept from overgrowing by our natural body chemistry and the activity of healthy bacteria and microorganisms in our body. If this natural balance is lost, the Candida yeast can multiply rapidly out of control causing discomfort and suffering
There are many possible causes of a Candida outbreak. It is commonly associated with the prolonged (or excessive) use of antibiotics. Antibiotics work by destroying bacteria in our body and unfortunately this includes the natural bacteria that work to maintain a health intestine. Diabetics often suffer from yeast infections due to elevated sugar levels in the blood. Hormonal changes and poor diet choices may also alter body biochemistry resulting in the conditions that cause Candida to multiply
Some Candida yeast symptoms are easy to treat. Both vaginal thrush and thrush in men for example can be cured by applying a topical (external) antifungal cream. powder or ointment to affected areas.
But some instances of the disease, particularly those affecting the gut, are more chronic in nature. In severe, systemic cases of Candidiasis of the gut, it is thought that the Candida yeast evolves into fungal form with roots that penetrate the intestinal wall breaking down the barrier between the digestive tract and the bloodstream. This can result in toxins entering the blood and causing a range of disorders. Some of the diseases thought to be associated with Candidiasis include digestive problems, migraines, joint pain, depression, lethargy, ‘brain fog’ and even ADD, Leaky Gut Syndrome, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Irritable Bowel Syndrome.
In order to address the root cause of Candidiasis, it is worth considering the following four part Candida yeast cleanse set out below. In addition there are some good quality downloadable guides available. The best being Linda Allen’s Yeast Infection No More ebook. With 150 pages jam-packed full of information and an easy to follow five step system it is no wonder it is called the Candida Bible in health circles.
How to cleanse your body of Candida:
- Add anti-fungal supplements to your diet as part of the Candida cleansing plan. The most common are oregano oil, caprylic acid, tea tree oil, raw garlic and grape seed extract. Consider following a green tea diet which is thought to help in the management of Candida.
- Start a course of probiotics to supplement the natural bacteria in your gut. Most probiotics contain Lactic Acid Bacteria (LAB) and Bifidobacteria and underpin a natural cleanse process for Candida yeast overgrowth. See more on probiotics for yeast infection for an overview and read these Threelac reviews for specifics.
- Take a fiber shake such as Psyllium husk regularly. This will help restore the natural absorptive capacity of your intestinal tract and is an integral part of most candida cleanses.
- Follow a yeast free diet plan (or Candida cleanse diet). This may be the hardest part of the plan to stick to, but will have long term benefits. As yeasts feed on dietary sugar, the plan omits sugars from the diet. This includes all refined sugars, sweeteners, fruit and fruit juices as well as alcohol and carbohydrate – as both break down into sugars as part of the digestive process.
- Read more on how to get rid of a yeast infection