Listerine is an antiseptic that can help destroy certain kinds of bacteria. For the treatment of nail fungus, Listerine is applied to the affected nails directly. But it should be noted that the directions for the use of Listerine do not include use on nails as a treatment for fungal infections.
It is unlikely that Listerine will cure a fungal condition, but it may help reduce the spread if caught early enough.
Using a nail polish brush apply Listerine to nails. It makes sense to place your feet or hands over a bowl to catch falling droplets.
Pros and cons of Listerine as a treatment for nail fungus infections
- Inexpensive home remedy.
- May help to improve the appearance of yellow toenails via a bleaching effect.
- Could be useful as a companion treatment used together with other cures.
- It is unlikely that Listerine alone will fully cure a fungal condition.
- The directions for the use of Listerine do not include use on nails as a treatment for fungal infections.
- Listerine is widely available from pharmacies and supermarkets.