Fivelac is one of the best known Candida treatments on the market. It is a comprehensive probiotic specially designed to control the overgrowth of Candida yeast in the gastrointestinal tract.
It does this by boosting the population of specific species of beneficial bacteria in the gut which help control the Candida outbreak.
Fivelac contains the following probiotic species: Bacillus coagulans, Bacillus subtillis, Enterococcus Faecalis, Bifidobacterium longum and Lactobcillus acidophilus. The speciality probiotic blend is packaged in individual sachets with a lemon-powder base.
Each sachet contains over 1 billion CFU’s* of live bacteria.
Buy Fivelac online for a great price
For the best price, it’s hard to beat this offer on Amazon.
The same manufacturer also produces another popular Candida probiotic known as Threelac. (See our Threelac reviews for more details). The difference between the two products is that Fivelac benefits from the addition of two probiotic species – Lactobacillus acidophilus and Bifidobacterium longum. Both are well-known species that are thought to help with the elimination of Candida. See more on probiotics for yeast infection.
Fivelac Candida Treatment Review:
- A speciality probiotic designed to target yeast infections.
- The inclusion of Lactobacillus Acidophilus in the formulation provides an integrated approach to treatment.
- Promotes a beneficial balance of natural intestinal flora
- Improves digestive function.
- Fivelac has received many positive reviews. At the time of writing (June 2011) 40 reviewers on Amazon have given the product an average 4.4 rating our of 5.0.
- The presence of Enterococcus Faecalis (EF) species in Fivelac probiotic is the subject of some controversy. Some competitors note that EF can be toxic. In response the manufactures have explained that there are many different strains of EF and the strain used in both Threelac and Fivelac is non-toxic and has no proven series side effects.
- While the effects are often faster, it may take several months for symptoms to improve.
- Some Fivelac side effects have been reported. These are likely due to a Candida die-off reaction.
- Fivelac sachets contain lactose so are not recommended for people with lactose intolerance. In this case, Threelac is the better option.
Upshot: Both Threelac and Fivelac are powerful Candida probiotics. Fivelac adds two powerful probiotics into the blend offering a more integrated approach to targeting yeast infection. Both products have received positive reviews.
* CFUs stands for Colony Forming Units and is the standard measurement for probiotics used in dietary supplements.