Overview of Diflucan
Diflucan is a prescription only anti-fungal medication aimed at treating many differing forms of fungal infections – not just toenails or fingernails – such as mouth, lungs, bladder and other skin areas prone to fungal infections. The active ingredient is Fluconazole, a proven anti-fungal agent, which works by altering the fungi cell membrane which kills the fungus.
Discuss possible side effects with your doctor. There are reports that Diflucan can cause liver and kidney damage, rashes, nausea and stomach pain.
Never attempt to buy Diflucan or any drug or medication that contains Fluconazole without a prescription and discussion with your doctor. Diflucan is strictly by prescription only. Here more on over the counter nail fungus treatments.
Diflucan can be prescribed in capsule or tablet form and less commonly as a suspension and infusion.
Pros and cons
- Potent anti-fungal prescription-strength medicine.
- Approved by the FDA in the US.
- May be effective in curing severe cases of fungal infection.
- Severe side effects have been reported.
Never attempt to buy Diflucan (or advertised generics) without a prescription and discussion with your doctor.
- The price range for Diflucan from licensed pharmacies can vary.
- The official website for Diflucan.