Threelac is a popular probiotic for the treatment of Candida yeast infections and to improve overall gastrointestinal health. It contains powerful dosages of beneficial bacteria to help reduce the overpopulation of Candida albicans yeast strains as well as combat harmful bacteria and other pathogens in the gut.
Threelac probiotic contains individual sachets containing three potent bacterial strains in a lemon flavored base. Each packet contains over 1.5 billion live bacteria. The main function of these “good” bacteria is to maintain the good/bad flora balance in the gut, ensuring that the “bad” flora (including yeasts) do not crowd out the “good”.
Threelac is micro-encapsulated so that the live bacteria can pass into the lower digestive tract unharmed by stomach acids.
- A multi-species blend of bacteria including bacillus coagulans, bacillus subtilis and enterococcus faecalis.
- Designed specifically to control Candida overgrowth. At times you may find the product referred to as Threelac Candida or Candida Threelac probiotic.
- Contains a pre-biotic fiber that serves as food for beneficial bacteria.
- Improves overall digestive health
- Improves the pH of the intestinal tract which is thought to restrict Candida overgrowth.
- As refrigeration is not needed, it is an easily transportable probiotic supplement.
- Some people may not like the lemon flavor.
- Several months of treatment is recommended.
- Not all reviews are positive.
- While there is some controversy over the inclusion of Enterococcus faecalis as certain stains of this species have been linked to side effects in humans, the manufacturer has explained that the strain used in both Threelac and Fivelac is non-toxic with no known serious side-effects.